Beauty is in the eye of the beholder- Zeitz MOCAA




I recently visited the Zeitz Mocaa museum at the V & A Waterfront in Cape Town, during the opening weekend. Entrance to the museum at this time was free (Yay!), and tickets needed to be collected at the venue. The queue outside was super long, and it took us around half an hour to get inside.

As you enter the doors of this museum, which has been created in/from the silos, you’re met with an almost “bird of prey” looking type in an atrium…(above).

I think I was more amazed by the atrium (images below) itself, than the art hanging inside it, which kind of freaked me out a little!



There are different levels/floors, each boasting a different theme or combination of themes, telling some story that links to the next level.
The museum boasts many talented African artists and a wide variety of pieces constructed from different media. Some pieces were definitely more intriguing to me than others. Below are some of the works of art (I will let you see the rest for yourself!).






This room was covered wall to wall in square pieces of fabric. Reminds me of a padded room for a crazy person...I loved it!


There's something wonderful about a room with hanging bricks...


Wasn't sure how I felt about this...
or the hide artwork...

Roof party!



 

Rooms to indulge your senses...


Now, my favourite creation/artwork was the creepy room :)


Weird noises, creepy drawings...



Absolutely terrifyingly amazing!!!


If you do plan on visiting the museum, there are cheaper time slots.
You can purchase tickets here.
Memberships are also available.
Also have a look at the exhibitions and events being held.
I would definitely recommend visiting this museum.


Comments

Popular Posts